If you already have access to the Educator Certification Online System (ECOS), click the My Documents tab on the left side of the ECOS menu.
- Upload your current drivers license or state ID. If you experience issues, please review our instructions for uploading documents.
- Out-of-Country educators who do not hold a state-issued drivers license must submit a copy of a current passport.
If you do not have access to your account, to submit a change or correction of name or date of birth, please submit the required documents listed below to the TEA Help Desk.
- Current state driver’s license or state ID (upload attachment at the bottom of the request form)
- Out-of-Country educators who do not hold a state-issued driver’s license may submit a copy of a current passport (upload attachment at the bottom of the request form)
- Last four digits of social security number and/or TEA ID number, if known
- Previous name
- A current email address and valid daytime phone number
Current processing time is ten business days, once all required documents are received. If you do not receive a notification after 10 business days, please re-send the documents with the following subject: “Second Request - name change.” We appreciate your patience as we process requests during our peak season.
During times of high volume, name changes may take 2 weeks or more to process.
Note: You may also take a picture of your driver’s license or state ID and upload the attachment at the bottom of the request form. Make sure the items on the driver’s license are legible. (See examples below.)
Additional information is available on our website.