TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL Login

How do I update my social security number on my teacher certification record?

If you need to correct your Social Security Number (SSN) or update from a temporary file number (P number):

  • Submit a legible copy of your United States Social Security card so that we can correct your number on file. You must also submit a copy of your government-issued photo identification card, such as a driver’s license or passport, to verify your correct name and date of birth.

These items can be sent securely by submitting a request at the TEA Help Desk.

If possible, please include the incorrect Social Security Number or temporary file number (P number) in your request so that we can easily access your information.


Have more questions? Submit a request