TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL Login

How do I request a temporary file number to establish a TEAL/certification account?

If you do not hold a United States social security number, but would like to have a temporary file number issued, please submit your request to the TEA Help Desk. Your request must include a copy of your current passport (please attach), your full name, date of birth, current email, and telephone number. 

When a number has been assigned, you will need to use the ā€œPā€ number to establish TEAL and ECOS accounts at tea.texas.gov.  As you set up an account as an educator, you will also receive a TEA ID number. This number is primarily issued for testing purposes, but can be used for identification in our system. These numbers are used for educator certification purposes only.


Have more questions? Submit a request.

Have more questions? Submit a request