TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL Login

How do I apply for military fee exemption for certification?


You must apply for the military exemption before completing an application. To upload your documents securely, please follow the steps below:

  1. Log in to your TEAL account. Set up your educator account if you have not already done so.
  2. Click "Access Applications" on the Self-Service menu.
  3. Click the "View My Educator Certification Account" link directly above your TEA ID. This provides access to your educator records in ECOS.
  4. If the Educator Profile Setup screen is displayed, update your information if needed, and then scroll down and click "Continue".
  5. Click the “My Documents” tab from the menu on the left.
  6. Proceed to upload your documents.

The documents that must be uploaded are as follows:

Active duty service members:

  • Military ID (front and back)
  • Current state ID (front and back)


  • Current state ID (front and back)
  • DD-214 (member-4) that shows release or separation from active duty was under honorable conditions

Military spouses of active duty service members:

  • Spouse's current state ID (front and back)
  • Spouse's current military dependent ID (front and back), 
  • Active duty service member’s state ID (front and back)
  • Active duty service member's current military ID (front and back)
  • Copy of the marriage license.

After the military documents have been reviewed, you will be notified by email with instructions.

Have more questions? Submit a request.

Have more questions? Submit a request