TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL Login

If a student requires an accessible format, such as braille, large-print, or audio, does the district pay for it?

If the material is state adopted, the state of Texas will pay for the accessible instructional material. These materials are the property of the state and must be returned to the Special Textbook Redistribution Center after use. If a student needs material that is not on the state-adopted list, the district is responsible for locating the materials in the correct format and paying for those materials.

Have more questions? Submit a request