TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL Login

Which Educator Preparation Program (EPP) should I choose?

TEA cannot advise you on a specific program. There are 3 different routes to certification: Traditional Undergraduate, Alternative Certification Program (ACP), and Post-Baccalaureate (PB).

The traditional undergraduate program requires that you earn a bachelor’s degree with teacher certification.

The ACP route is designed for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree and are only seeking certification.

The PB route is designed for those seeking an advanced degree (master’s or doctorate) with certification.

You will need to determine which route to certification is best for you and contact the program. Contact information for each program is listed within the Interactive Map.

Have more questions? Submit a request