Educator Certification and CPE
Important note: Tickets are answered in the order received. Please submit only one ticket per issue to prevent any delays in customer response time.
Browse through the Frequently Asked Questions or click Submit a Request to submit your question to TEA.
Please allow up to several business days (8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) to receive a response.
- How do I submit my official transcript?
- Request a Name or Date of Birth Change on Your Certification Records
- Why am I not seeing my updated certificate? I can't view my certificate.
- How Do I Print A Copy Of My Certification?
- Accessing your TEA ID number
- How do I apply for military fee exemption for certification?
FAQs - Educator Certification
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Educator
- What type of documentation should I keep?
- Who is required to earn CPE credit?
- Are aides required to earn CPE credit?
- Is a candidate in an educator preparation program eligible for CPE credit?
- If I have a lifetime professional or provisional certificate issued before September 1, 1999, do I need to accrue CPE clock hours?
- What is the period of time that I must accrue CPE hours?
FAQs - Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Educator
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Provider
- What are the requirements for approved CPE providers?
- Where do I find the application to become an approved CPE provider?
- Which entities must register as CPE providers?
- What are considered Pre-approved CPE Providers?
FAQs - Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Provider
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Exemption Request
- Who may request a hardship CPE exemption for an educator?
- Who initiates the request, the district, or the educator?
- What steps does the district need to take for consideration of CPE exemption request for an educator?
- When did this ruling become available? Where is the information located in Texas Administrative Code?
- How long will this exemption request last?
- Who pays for the renewal fee for the educator?
FAQs - Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Exemption Request
- Certificate Search (for self)
- Certificate Search (third party)
- Certificate Print Error
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number