Fingerprinting & Do Not Hire Registry
Important note: Tickets are answered in the order received. Please submit only one ticket per issue to prevent any delays in customer response time.
Browse through the Frequently Asked Questions or click Submit a Request to submit your question to TEA.
- Am I required to fingerprint to obtain a TEA teaching or administrator certificate?
- How do I complete fingerprinting if I am enrolled in a Texas educator preparation program?
- When do I complete fingerprinting if I am an educator certified in another state or country?
- What is the difference between Option 1 and Option 2 for out of state and out of country certified educators?
- Where do I go to get fingerprinted?
- What are the fees associated with the fingerprinting process?
FAQs - Applicants/Educators
- Where do I find information about the upload and fingerprinting process?
- How do I fix incorrect information after it has been uploaded?
- Is the email address required for all individuals being uploaded?
- Can a district email be uploaded instead of a personal email?
- What special characters are allowed on an upload?
- What if the ‘Browse’ button is missing on my upload screen?
FAQs - School Districts/Charter Schools
- Certificate Search (for self)
- Certificate Search (third party)
- Certificate Print Error
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number