Fingerprinting & Do Not Hire Registry
Browse through the Frequently Asked Questions or click Submit a Request to submit your question to TEA.
- Am I required to fingerprint to obtain a TEA teaching or administrator certificate?
- How do I complete fingerprinting if I am enrolled in a Texas educator preparation program?
- When do I complete fingerprinting if I am an educator certified in another state or country?
- What is the difference between Option 1 and Option 2 for out of state and out of country certified educators?
- Where do I go to get fingerprinted?
- What are the fees associated with the fingerprinting process?
FAQs - Applicants/Educators
- Where do I find information about the upload and fingerprinting process?
- How do I fix incorrect information after it has been uploaded?
- Is the email address required for all individuals being uploaded?
- Can a district email be uploaded instead of a personal email?
- What special characters are allowed on an upload?
- What if the ‘Browse’ button is missing on my upload screen?
FAQs - School Districts/Charter Schools
- Certificate Search (for self)
- Certificate Search (third party)
- Certificate Print Error
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number