GED - Certificate of High School Equivalency (TxCHSE)
Important note: Tickets are answered in the order received. Please submit only one ticket per issue to prevent any delays in customer response time.
Browse through the Frequently Asked Questions or click Submit a Request to submit your question to TEA.
- ★ How do I get a copy of my diploma?
- ★ Who do I contact if the Texas Certificate/Transcript Search did not find my record?
- ★ How do I verify or purchase a certificate if I am a third party?
- ★ How do I get a duplicate copy of my certificate of high school equivalency?
- How can my college or employer verify my certificate and scores?
- How can I have a sealed copy of my certificate and scores mailed to a college?
FAQs - Certificate Search (GED, HiSET, TASC)
- ★ How do I submit 16 or 17-year-old eligibility documentation?
- ★ Can a 16 or 17-year-old take the high school equivalency exams in Texas?
- ★ Can we submit the old forms through the new helpdesk ticketing system?
- I’m 16 or 17. Have I been approved to test?
- I’m 16 or 17. Can I submit my own forms?
- How do I find my GED Candidate ID?
FAQs - 16 & 17-year-old
- ★ I'm a teacher. How do I update my personal information on my Educator Certification Records?
- ★ Can I change my name on my GED / equivalency certificate because of marriage or divorce?
- ★ I currently have a File ID. Can I have my social security number added to my GED/equivalency record?
- ★ I tested after 1/1/2014. How do I correct my name, date of birth or social security number on my GED?
- I tested before 1/1/2014. How do I correct my name, date of birth or social security number?
FAQs - Personal Information Changes/Corrections
- What is the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- What are the Student Eligibility Requirements to Enroll in a HSEP?
- What schools offer the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- Are there alternative options to the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- What are the guidelines for a high school with a High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- What is the process for a public or TEA approved charter school to have a High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
FAQs - High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)/Options Program
- ★ How do I contact Educator Certification?
- ★ How do I get a copy of my high school diploma / transcript?
- How do I clear an Alert?
- How to submit 16 & 17-year-old documents
- How do I request Accommodations for a documented disability?
- How do I contact the state GED administrator?
FAQs - GED/High School Equivalency – General Questions
- Certificate Search (for self)
- Certificate Search (third party)
- Certificate Print Error
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number