Certificate of High School Equivalency (TxCHSE)
Please allow up to two business days (8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) to receive a response.
Important note: Tickets are answered in the order received. Please submit only one ticket per issue to prevent any delays in customer response time.
Browse through the Frequently Asked Questions or click Submit a Request to submit your question to TEA.
- ★ Who do I contact if the Texas Certificate/Transcript Search did not find my record?
- ★ How do I verify or purchase a certificate if I am a third party?
- ★ How do I get a duplicate copy of my certificate of high school equivalency?
- How can my college or employer verify my certificate and scores?
- How can I have a sealed copy of my certificate and scores mailed to a college?
- How can I get a copy of my certificate and scores mailed to me?
FAQs - Certificate Search (GED, HiSET, TASC)
- ★ How do I submit 16 or 17-year-old eligibility documentation?
- ★ Can a 16 or 17-year-old take the high school equivalency exams in Texas?
- ★ Can we submit the old forms through the new helpdesk ticketing system?
- I’m 16 or 17. Have I been approved to test?
- I’m 16 or 17. Can I submit my own forms?
- How do I find my GED or HiSET Candidate ID?
FAQs - 16 & 17-year-old
- ★ Can I change my name because of marriage or divorce?
- ★ I currently have a File ID. Can I have my social security number added to my record?
- ★ I tested before 1/1/2014. How do I correct my name, date of birth or social security number?
- ★ I tested after 1/1/2014. How do I correct my name, date of birth or social security number?
FAQs - Personal Information Changes/Corrections
- What is the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- What are the Student Eligibility Requirements to Enroll in a HSEP?
- What schools offer the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- Are there alternative options to the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- What are the guidelines for a high school with a High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
- What is the process for a public or TEA approved charter school to have a High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)?
FAQs - High School Equivalency Program (HSEP)/Options Program
- Certificate Search (for self)
- Certificate Search (third party)
- Certificate Print Error
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number