Click on an article below for quick solutions to the most frequently asked questions.
- Am I required to fingerprint to obtain a TEA teaching or administrator certificate?
- How do I complete fingerprinting if I am enrolled in a Texas educator preparation program?
- When do I complete fingerprinting if I am an educator certified in another state or country?
- What is the difference between Option 1 and Option 2 for out of state and out of country certified educators?
- Where do I go to get fingerprinted?
- What are the fees associated with the fingerprinting process?
- What if I did not receive the fingerprint scheduling email after submitting payment?
- I am unable to log on to my TEAL /ECOS account. How can I get help logging in?
- What should I do if my fingerprints have been rejected twice?
- What should I do if I haven’t received my fingerprinting card in the mail?
- What happens if my fingerprints show a criminal charge or arrest?
- Do I have to fingerprint again if I have previously been printed to work in a school district or charter school?
- Do I have to fingerprint again if I have been fingerprinted previously for a purpose other than education?